Sunday, September 19, 2010

Shroudsight: 18/9/2010

At Games Garage

Eight Methuselahs gathered at Games Garage for a night of bleeding. I was intending to have 2 games that night, but it was late after our first game and we still had to wait for the other table to finish, so I ended up only having one game.

I played a deck which I made recently and have been testing, my Anu Diptinatpa/Giovanni Shambling Hordes Mouthpiece deck. I'll do a write up for that deck after this. For now, I shall name it "Geeky Zombies"

Seating for the game:

Yi Peng's Imbued, bleeding
Bann's Spell of Life, bleeding
Sheena's Ventrue voters, bleeding
My Geeky Zombies

From early on in the game, things didn't look good for me. Although I brought out Anu on round 2, th Imbued were quickly beginning to set up their defences, and the Ventrue had quickly amassed vote superiority. I started eating K.R.C from the Ventrue, and the Imbued could block my actions if I wasn't careful.

I next brought out Stephen Milliner, and had recruited a couple of Shambling Hordes. Yi Peng had gotten Ossian out and that was worrying for me. I tried to kill Ossian with 2 Shambling Horde attacks but he used Angel of Berlin and On the Qui Vive to block. In desperation, I attempted to recruit Ossian myself to contest, but this was cancelled by the Imbued.

Meanwhile, Bann was setting up his Spell of Life, meaning that pressure on Sheena wasn't as high as I would have liked, and I was still suffering from political actions that the ventrue were calling. Stephen Milliner was Banished at one point of time, and I had to waste 3 pool to bring him back out. I was stuck in a bad place.

Not confident of my Hordes being able to get through the Ventrue Fortitude, I went full steam ahead, bleeding with my Hordes and vampires. However my hand was mediocre and I had to cycle alot of cards to draw my Conditionings and Mouthpieces. Yi Peng had spent alot of his pool bringing humans out so I chipped away at his pool. He was generally fearful of blocking the Hordes when they bled, so with Anu's help, I was doing some damage at least.

Bann was well on his way to getting his Mummies out, but he was suffering a bit, not so much from the Imbued but from his prey... The Ventrue always allocated 1 to him when calling KRC, and Bann even got Parity Shifted because he was the only one with more pool than Sheena. Meanwhile, I had been reduced to a mere 5 pool. I had to oust the humans now or i'd be dead.

Anu was empty, she had spent all her blood boosting bleeds. Luckily, I had drawn a Giant's Blood, and with Anu fully refuelled, I was able to oust Yi Peng using 3 Hordes, Stephen Milliner, and Anu herself. The Ventrue were slowed for a bit due to a lack of political actions in hand, and Bann just needed 1 more Spell of Life. By ousting the Imbued I had bought myself one round, possibly two, but no more. On my next turn I went full ahead and bled Bann with everything. However he deflected two of the bleeds to Sheena, and managed to block almost all the rest.

On Bann's turn, the last spell of life was out, and the host of Mummies came forth. I was pretty much out of the game, and true enough, Sheena ousted me. However, all but 1 of her vampires proceeded to be pounded into torpor by the Mummies. We called the game at that point.

Final VP count:
Bann - 2VP
Sheena - 1VP
Me - 1VP

Notes: I think I need to add bounces to the deck. It is a funky concept which is cute, but needs a bit more defence, so bounces would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment